Today I found a second doll’s bed in a local charity shop and bought it for all of €6 which is extremely cheap, and this one has got a canopy. This is going to be another great project to, when it is all finished and nicely fitted out with matras, pillow, sheets etc… will be another Christmas present for yet another two year old grand child. I am excited about it, the more so as the mum of the child was planning to get her a doll, so it all fits together. It does not look much now but it will when I’m finished with it – fun!
So today I went shopping for some material, some lace binding, and some other bits and pieces, also a tin of white paint as I will paint the grey away. I took off all the stuff that was on the cot and washed the blanket, quilt and canopy material, using this later as a model for the new one. I choose a pink and white check as it is fresh and yet delicate, this for the sides of the cot and for the canopy. I already cut the material for the matrass, so all going according to plan. Last night I made out a detailed plan of how I was going to tackle this project, an enjoyable activity in itself. I will update as I go along.
A few days ago I painted the dull grey away and now it’s a lovely white. The matrass and pillow are finished too, only some stitching to be done but that can wait. And today I made the canopy.
Next it was the canopy to make, and yesterday I finished that.
Today I finished making the side padded panels for the cradle, and I put it all together just to have a look, but finishing touches have to be done yet, like putting ribbons on the side panels to attach them to the cradle etc. It is starting to look good. Now I am going to hunt for some white material to make the sheets.